WPS Office Free
Use blank documents to create several types of files
- Category Office Suites
- Program license Free
- Version 22.214.171.12452
- Size 66.7 MB
- Works under: Windows 7
- Program available in English
- Program by Kingsoft Office
While it's true that Microsoft Office makes for a great word processing solution, it doesn't hurt to try other apps out that serve similar purposes. Some people are opposed to the fact that Microsoft Word has a kind of a monopoly over things. It's important to realize that you have a word processing option and don't necessarily have to use Word all the time. One option you can try is WPS Office. You'll be happy to know that this is an entirely free word processing solution.
When you use WPS Office, you'll see that it was clearly created with the goal in mind of doing what Microsoft Office can do. There are benefits to that, because it makes it so that the app is already familiar and intuitive to use.
That being said, there are actually some features here that many feel make some improvements on Microsoft Office's offerings and are really helpful. For example, a lot of users find it very useful that in WPS Office they can take whole entire paragraphs and resize, drag, or drop them wherever they like on the page.
All in all, this app is a decent option if you either don't want to pay for Microsoft Office or you simply don't like Microsoft Office. The features are impressive, and the resulting files offer decent compatibility across different word processing programs and operating systems.
- Moving and changing the size of text around the page- Perhaps the most convenient features is the drag and resize feature. This makes it easy to re-position and resize text anywhere in a document.
- Free to use- Unlike Microsoft Word, you don't have to pay anything to download and start using this software.
- Variety of templates available- Numerous templates come free with the software.
- Nice to use something other than Microsoft Word- This is an effective word processing option for those who want something other than Microsoft Word.
- Isn't capable of as much as Word is- Of course, Microsoft Word is basically the industry standard for word processing and as such is a more professional option. There's no doubt that Microsoft Word offers more features and capabilities.